Chapters are an important way to collaborate at the local level; it is in chapters where enthusiasm and interest in pain management nursing comes alive. ASPMN chapters serve as a link between people within the chapter, as well as between the chapter and the National Office.
Involvement in a local chapter is a very exciting way to collaborate and use the talents/expertise of people. In addition, it creates collegial relationships in which individuals can share ideas and concerns. The link with ASPMN provides a positive partnership with members internationally.
Benefits of chapter membership:
- Professional growth within the specialty of pain management nursing
- Networking with people of similar interests
- Potential for leadership at the local level
- Communication network at the local level
- Promote awareness of pain management within the nursing field and the community
- Participation in educational programs at the local level
- Partnership with the National Office and other ASPMN chapters
- Camaraderie with others in a geographic area
To request a Chapter Development and Resource Manual, contact the National Office
• Complete Chapter List
• Forming Chapter List